VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S.A. AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- CONTEST: "WHAT’S YOUR FB. Tell us what your FB is. What does FB mean to you? Be original and creative in your video submission.
- CONTEST SPONSOR: GTFM, LLC (“Sponsor”).
- INTRODUCTION: For good and valuable consideration (including, without limitation, the possibility of publicity), the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, you are submitting certain design(s), illustrations, logos, artwork, photographs, videos, animation, writings, proposed product and/or brand names, idea(s), concept(s), communication(s), programming code, and/or other material(s) (the "Submission") as part of your entry to the Contest upon the following express understandings and conditions.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the U.S.A. and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Sponsor employees and members of their immediate families and people living in the same household of each are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Contest Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT, OR PROOF-OF-PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST.
- Online Entries: Go to www.fblegacy.com/win website, follow the “How to Enter” instructions, and click on the “Enter Contest” button. If online entry is not available, please enter via email or regular mail, as described below.
- Email Entries: Go to the “WHAT’S YOUR FB Contest” section of the website, follow the “How to Enter” instructions, and send an email with all required information (and with the Submission attached, if applicable) to email@example.com. If email entry is not available, please enter via online entry, as described above.
All entries (whether submitted online or by email) must be received no later than July 6, 2010 at 11:59 P.M. EST, regardless of method of entry. No facsimiles or mechanically reproduced entries (other than the electronic transmission of the online entry or entry via email) will be allowed. Limit one entry per person regardless of method of entry. In the event that there is more than one entry for the same person, Sponsor may disqualify that person. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, stolen, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify any entry not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, or technical failures of any sort. Upon submission, all entries and Submissions (if applicable) become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Videos entered for judging may only include the contestant him/herself (the person featured in the video). The grand prize will be awarded to the contestant only. Videos will be judged in the "Preliminary Round" by the Sponsor for originality and creativity to determine the "Top 10" videos. The “Final Round” of public voting on the Top 10 Videos will take place on the FB LEGACY website www.fblegacy.com to determine the winner. The entry with the highest number of votes in the Final Round will be determined the winner and awarded the grand prize. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor, in its sole and exclusive discretion, will cast the final and deciding vote to determine the winner.
Video entries must be submitted using one of the following formats: Windows Media Video (.WMV); .3GP (cell phones); .AVI (windows); .MOV (mac); .MP4 (ipod/psp); .MPEG; .FLV (adobe flash); and, .MKV (h.264), must be one hundred twenty (120) seconds or less in length, and must not exceed a 100 MB file size. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or reject entries that do not comply with these format, time, and length limitations.
Entries submitted in violation of the Official Contest Rules will not be considered, including inappropriate or offensive entries, as determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest commences on or about May 28, 2010 and continues through July 6, 2010 at 11:59 P.M. EST (the "Contest Period").
- SUBMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION AND ENTRY; SPONSOR’S OWNERSHIP AND USE OF SUBMISSIONS; YOUR AGREEMENT TO UNRESTRICTED USE: By entering your Submission into this Contest, you hereby grant, transfer and convey to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, all rights, title and interests in and to the Submission, including but not limited to the irrevocable, royalty-free right to trademark, copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) your Submission (as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor) on the FB LEGACY website, other websites, on merchandise, for television, motion pictures, in home video copies, and in other media, whether now known or hereafter invented, throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party.
- You acknowledge and agree that you have no right of approval or consultation with respect to Sponsor and its agent’s and licensee’s use of the Submission.
- You agree to provide the Submission at no cost to Sponsor or any other party.
- You represent and warrant, and agree to further do so in writing, that you possess all necessary rights and authority to grant, transfer and convey to Sponsor all the rights herein granted.
- You represent and warrant, and agree to further do so in writing, that the Submission is wholly original with you and does not and will not violate the right of privacy or publicity of, or constitute a defamation against any person or entity and that it does not and will not infringe upon or violate the copyright, trademark, contract rights, proprietary rights, intellectual property or common law rights or any other rights of any other person or entity.
- You represent and warrant, and agree to further do so in writing, that the Submission has not been entered into a previous contest or has received any awards and has also not been published previously in any medium.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or resulting from possession or use in any manner of the Submission.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner. There will be two (2) phases of the voting and judging processes. (A) the "Preliminary Round" conducted by the Sponsor to determine the "Top 10" videos based on originality and creativity; and, (B) the “Final Round” of public voting on the Top 10 Videos to take place on the FB LEGACY website www.fblegacy.com to determine the winner. The Preliminary Round will take place from July 7, 2010 to July 21, 2010. The Final Round of public voting on the FB LEGACY/YouTube channel will take place from July 22, 2010 12:01 A.M. to August 6, 2010 11:59 P.M. The entry with the highest number of votes in the Final Round will be determined the winner and awarded the grand prize. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor, in its sole and exclusive discretion, will cast the final and deciding vote to determine the winner. The winner will be notified by email and/or telephone and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (where lawful) within 5 days of the date of notification, in which the winner will reaffirm and acknowledge the representations set forth in paragraph 7 above, that the Submission is a “work for hire” and will irrevocably transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title, goodwill and interest in and to the Submission, including without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks and waive all moral rights in such Submission. If the Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release is not received within 5 days of the date of notification, the prize may be forfeited (at the sole discretion of Sponsor) and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion.
- PRIZES: The winner of the contest will be awarded the Grand Prize which consists of (i) a cameo appearance in the filming of a music video of a nationally recognized artist to take place on or before December 15, 2010 at a location to be determined within the United States; (ii) two (2) roundtrip coach airfare tickets from the major commercial airport nearest winner's primary residence in the US to the major commercial airport nearest the city of the video shoot location; and, (iii) one deluxe hotel room (double occupancy) for 2 nights at a deluxe hotel. The approximate retail value of the prize is $2000.00, depending on exact itinerary. Actual value may vary based on fluctuations in price for airfare and/or accommodations, and distance between departure and destination. Ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included. Winner and travel companion must be available to travel on the same itinerary, as selected by Sponsor. Trip may be subject to certain other restrictions. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize awarded. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The winner shall bear all risks of loss. No prize substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed. Prize may not be transferred. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prizes are awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. If the prize includes the online posting of materials, including but not limited to photos, text, audio, video, animation, graphic art, illustration, etc., then the location and duration of such posting will be determined solely by Sponsor.
- GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest, or for any other reason or for no reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to (but is not required to) award the prize at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or cancellation. By entering and/or accepting the prize, you: (a) agree to release the Sponsor from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, possession and use/misuse of any prize; (b) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; and (c) give your express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email, mail or phone. By submitting an entry, you further consent to the use of your name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to you and arising out of your participation in this Contest (with or without using your name) in any media, whether now known or hereafter invented, throughout the world for any purpose whatsoever, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party (except where otherwise prohibited by law). If you are selected as the winner, prior to receiving the prize, you must agree to sign an affidavit to such effect, unless otherwise where prohibited by law. The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to the acceptance and use of his/her prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is governed by laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. You further agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York. Should any of the provisions of the Official Contest Rules be found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that portion shall be deemed severed or restricted and the remainder of the Contest Rules shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- RELEASE: You release, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against all claims (know and unknown), liabilities, injuries, death, loss and/or damages of any kind arising from your participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the prize. You assume all risks associated with the Contest or use or misuse of the prize, and you agree that the Released Parties will not be responsible or liable for any injury, harm, death, damages, costs or expenses.
- WINNER LIST & OFFICIAL RULES: The name of the winner will be posted on the FB LEGACY website after eligibility is confirmed. To obtain the name of the winner, send a letter request via US mail together with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: FB LEGACY VIDEO CONTEST, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6617, New York, New York 10118 Attention: Marketing & Promotions Department. Requests must be received by August 15, 2010. To obtain a copy of these Official Contest Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address, Attn: FB LEGACY Contest Rules Request, WHAT’S YOUR FB.
- SEVERABILITY: If any portion of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions herein.